Thursday, July 30, 2009

heavy sand

Art is a material embodyment of confusion some times.
At times when I cant speak what my stomach says, I let those pigments of colors make whatever lines and shapes that the butterflies have already made. This is truely a form of dealing with the problems that come with being humans. Things we say and do can stay stuck in our heads and stomach for as long as we decided to not acknowledge them and in many ways I feel making art is the best way to acknowledge these real forms of confusion. Letting them out on whatever canvas we have to look at them later and appreciate everything we have gone thru and telling the complete truth of our troubled souls so we can look at them with "eyes unclouded by hate"

Confusion and troubling thoughts, you are my enemies and my allies.